Job ID: 2211543
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Config Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Configuration Management Specialist to work at our office in El Segundo, CA. The MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (MSEIT) effort supports Space Systems Command (SSC) communication program offices. We support the Space Force’s acquisition of Military Satellite Communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation’s warfighters.
The successful candidate should have strong experience in the systems engineering Configuration Management (CM) field, and will apply CM processes for document control of technical requirements, statements of work (SOW), and associated Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and system specifications. CM candidate will control and manage technical data from different sources, and organize program documentation.
The successful candidate will have experience with various responsibilities listed below:
• Participate in weekly Change Control Boards and assist with board package coordination
• Maintain status accounting information related to Board packages and tracking packages through enterprise and program level boards
• Maintain Technical baseline in two databases - TopVue and Livelink
• Support working group configuration control
• Support SOW and CDRL documentation generation
• Plan and coordinate preparation of project documentation, such as Request-For-Change (RFC), production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications
• Establish change request and prepare for change authorization and documentation
• Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinate changes with engineering
• Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of systems engineering Configuration Management (CM) experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• US Citizenship and a DoD SECRET Security Clearance are required for the position
• Experience directly supporting DoD personnel on space programs
• Configuration Data Management Certification, such as Certified International Configuration Manager (CICM)
• Experience with SATCOM systems, preferably MILSATCOM
• Knowledge on EIA-649-1, MIL-STD-973 and MIL-HDBK-61
• Knowledge on DoD-5010-12-M and DoD-5015-2-STD
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.