Job ID: 2211633
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2022
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Jr. Systems Engineer interested in R&D, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) practices to join our team of professionals providing technical and program services to the U.S. Government (USG). SAIC provides research, engineering, design, analysis, acquisition, development, integration, test, and operations support USG Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support development and delivery of next-generation and generation-after-next national security systems based on land, at sea, in air, and in space.
The engineer sought here serves a USG Program Office leading Research & Development (R&D) of evolutionary and revolutionary technology to support space systems. This position provides Systems Engineering & Technical Advisory (SETA) support services. Your responsibilities include some or all of the following depending on your personal desires and capabilities:
• Technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems.
• Feasibility and applicability of relevant systems and technologies to future spacecraft, payloads, communication systems, ground systems, launch systems, and operations concepts.
• Analysis of alternatives to optimize technical, cost, and schedule performance and improve knowledge and understanding of system, technology, and architecture tradeoffs.
• Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations.
• Mission operations support, to include: planning, execution, monitor and control, and anomaly support. Additionally, evaluation, conclusions, recommendations, and capture of lessons learned.
• Briefings and reports including technical and programmatic assessments, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG staff and industry partners, as requested.
• Active member of enterprise R&D, learning, and innovation environment creating, gathering, and sharing knowledge to grow organizational competency and capability.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities in space systems
- Interest in developing skills in AI/ML application
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills for written reports, group discussion, and oral presentations
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.