Job ID: 2211565
Location: HAMPTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for a new and exciting US Air Force program at Langley / Hampton, VA.
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Perform ISSM responsibilities and assist with duties as an advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving information systems (IS) security under purview. Physically inspects all existing network connections for compliance and coordinating on all new network requests within assigned purview. Ensures software, hardware, and connectivity complies with security regulations and guidelines on all new requirements. Follow approved ISSO and ISSM procedures that have been proven effective by AFLCMC/WNS for obtaining system ATOs. Coordinate with AFLCMC and HAF/A3 Security Control Assessment Reviewers (SCARs).
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (e.g., NISPOM, JSIG), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (STE) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports. Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Periodically conducts a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
- May provide briefings to senior staff.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies. Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment. Design group policies and access control lists to ensure compatibility with organizational standards, business rules, and needs. Implement and enforce local network usage policies and procedures.
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure continuing operability. Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures. Check system hardware availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure that the desired information is produced and instructions and security levels are correct.
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures. Comply with organization systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability. Oversee installation, implementation, configuration, and support of system components.
- Monitor and maintain system/server configuration. Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers. Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support. Diagnose faulty system/server hardware. Perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware. Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.