SAIC is seeking a motivated and ambitious Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center in Huntsville, AL. The UAS Cybersecurity Engineer will perform hardware, software, and operating system hardening and documentation for UAS systems and associated subsystems.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Perform software and system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of commercial and government software for system development, scanning, and hardening.
- Conduct software application source, hardware component, and operating system scans to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Conduct system configuration changes to resolve system vulnerabilities including changes to Microsoft Windows and UNIX-based operating system configuration files.
- Conduct Cybersecurity vulnerability testing, full system evaluation, and documentation.
- Use STIGs, ACAS, NESSUS, and the NIST Risk Management Framework to prepare for and complete Security Control Assessment (SCA) events.
- Collaborate with system integrators, network engineers, software developers, and project managers to automate and harden information systems.
- Work within an agile scrum development model producing cyber reports and hardened systems on a biweekly basis.
- Participate in peer reviews of system capability requirements, cybersecurity status, system design, test strategies and implementation.
- Develop Cybersecurity engineering technical material including vulnerability assessment reports and cyber SOPs using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to support cyber assessments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years of experience; four (4) years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree.
- An Interim Secret Security Clearance is required to begin; Secret Security Clearance is required to maintain employment.
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with system scanning, identification and resolution of vulnerabilities.
- Actively hold or have the ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Experience with industry Cyber tools including ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, and STIG Viewer.
- Experience with source code scanning utilities (e.g. Checkmarx, SonarQube, Fortify, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development workflow (e.g. Atlassian software suite) is a plus.
- Experience with RMF controls and the Authority To Operate (ATO) process is a plus.
- Experience with system architectures, Cisco switches, and virtual machines is a plus.
- Experience with basic scripting in Bash and PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with technical documentation writing is a plus.
- Experience with Virtualization software such as VMware or VirtualBox is a plus.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.