SAIC is seeking a highly qualified IT Program Manager - Finance and Acquisitions to oversee the NAVAIR ALE Product Line Software Development and Engineering Support Services Program in San Diego, California. This individual will support the Senior Program Manager with strategic planning, business development planning and proposal responses, annual budget planning, executive reporting, risk and issue management, resource planning and management, CDRL delivery, and program financial management. While this individual will support the Senior Program Manager, a strong candidate will demonstrate ability to operate independently with minimal mentoring.
Job Duties to Include:
- Program Oversight
- Ensure on time delivery, within budget, and meeting all performance and quality requirements
- Stand up new task orders/projects and associated resources and processes, as new work is awarded
- Manage program financials and resource planning and report to customer and Senior Program Manager
- Manage risks and issues. Provide strategic guidance and escalate and resolve program issues
- Manage and facilitate customer communications at senior executive levels
- Coordinate with subcontracts for facilitation of subcontracts awards and modifications
- Monitor, track, and report contract and performance metrics
- Oversee coordination, tracking, and submission of program deliverables
- Support corporate executive reporting and program-level financial tracking
- Manage staff to include project leads, senior engineers, and cyber security engineers.
- Business Development
- Support the Senior Program Manager in building program business
- Support the Senior Program Manager in surveying contract landscapes and identifying pursuit candidates
- Meet regularly with government management, government technical leadership, and other government contractors to ensure a clear understanding of customer needs and challenges.
- Support the capture planning and approach
- Support the proposal response for new and re-compete opportunities
- Lead and support RFP responses, including writing responses, resource planning, pricing, management and subcontracting plans
- Coordinate with subcontracts manager for facilitation of subcontracts engagement and resources
- Contribute to and lead proposal response strategy and writing and/or serve as a reviewer
- Support pricing activities, including overseeing and contributing to the development of Basis of Estimate (BOE) input and staffing plan/requirements. Support Price-To-Win (PTW) efforts.
***This position REQUIRES U.S. citizenship and, at minimum, an ACTIVE DoD secret-level clearance with the ability to obtain a TS Clearance. All candidates without an active clearance will be immediately disqualified.***
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses leadership and management skills that require very little feedback from supervisors
- Self-motivated; able to operate independently with minimal guidance/mentoring
- Strong writing and presentation skills, producing high-quality deliverables and proposal responses through collaboration.
- Strong facilitation expertise with experience and comfort in managing project teams through complex concepts and issues.
- Excellent customer relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience managing multiple concurrent IT projects/programs
- Experience with proposal development and strategy. This includes contributing to writing and/or color reviews and compliance reviews.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree and ten (10) years or more of related experience. Four (4) years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least ten (10) years of experience directly leading complex DoD Programs, Naval Programs preferred
- At least ten (7) years of experience with business development initiatives to include proposal management, capture management, strategy, and competitive analysis to include BOE development and PTW analysis.
- Prior proposal writing/review experience, and ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g., government executives, program experts, product owners, and technical experts).
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate or able to obtain it within 1 year.
- Candidate must have an active Secret Clearance and also be able to acquire a TS.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), PMI Agile Certified Professional (ACP) and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications highly desired
- The ideal candidate will bring extensive IT project management experience with software development and/or infrastructure related areas to provide guidance and/or process improvement to program teams.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.