SAIC is hiring an IT Asset Management Specialist to work in downtown Austin, Texas.
The IT Asset Manager establishes, coordinates, and enforces program, operational, and personnel policies and
procedures. This includes overseeing the transportation, maintenance, receiving, warehousing and end-to-end
inventory management of IT fixed assets, consumables, and other supplies.
- Completes and maintains Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (FLIPL)documentation.
- Responsible for the logistics of assets from receiving to storing, assigning, issuing and/or configuring devices.
- Evaluates the existing methods for warehousing, long and short-term storage, document control, and redistributing capability to determine changes in procedures that would best suit the customer's needs.
- Responsible for inventory management, forecasting of supplies and stock replacement to ensure that there are sufficient resources available depending on anticipated requirements.
- Utilizes ServiceNow Asset Management Modules (IT Asset Management (ITAM), Software Asset Management (SAM) and Hardware Asset Management (HAM)) to track and record all End User Devices (EUD).
- Supports vital relationships for asset disposal, warehouse management and shipping.
- Helps management in performance improvement of overall demand planning for PCs (and related equipment), routers, switches, and all related peripherals, etc.
- Utilizes and maintains hand receipts to track and account for issued equipment to include scheduling and coordinating external hand receipt holder inventories to verify accuracy and to identify discrepancies.
- Reviews all asset management accountable documentation for accuracy of data and compliance; ensures adequate authorization information is cited on each issue request of all hand receipt holders.
- Upon receipt of assets, performs inventory for contract compliance and establishes local control number prior to issue to the customer. Maintains a suspense system for the update of hand receipts.
- Helps the management team deploy the best technology and process improvement techniques.
- Helps management with planning and oversee general asset management throughout the whole build life cycle.
- Conducts and documents cyclic and special inventories of property and equipment.
- Manages IT equipment refresh cycles.
- Drives inventory replenishment, PC/equipment reclamation, break/fix, asset tracking and reporting, among other tasks.
- Supports PC Security policies and ensures Chain of Custody for returned units.
- Makes certain that the necessary safeguards are in place to enable financial, equipment storage, and personnel safety audits.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and minimum 2 years of experience or equivalent, High School Diploma and 6 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Multiple years of inventory management experience within the Department of Defense
- Knowledgeable in controlling, managing and disposing of property.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess at minimum a Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow or equivalent platforms for IT Service Management and Delivery
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.