SAIC is currently seeking a C4I Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO)) Planner to support the Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC) located on Ford Island in Oahu, Hawaii.
The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and operational support to exercise communications design and execution of training events for the INDOPACOM Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC). This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
- Assist to provide Joint Interoperability and Joint Interface Control concepts and support to identify, establish and maintain or replicate the datalink architecture and network design parameters required to connect the various exercise elements within the USINDOPACOM Joint Exercise Program (JEP) environment.
- Coordinates with technical planners and engineers to design wargame simulations and Common Operational Picture (COP) technical architectures and solutions to include cross-domain solutions (CDS).
- Supports the team to construct accurate simulation models and architectures related to C4I software and systems leveraged in JEP Exercises.
- Support exercises as a model senior controller, simulation controller, simulation operator, and/or simulation database manager within the Exercise Control Group Operations.
- Responsible for determining scenario training requirements and designing vignettes to support cyber operations training for USINDOPACOM exercises.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Link 16, SADL, MADL and FIDL etc.
- Serves as the common operating picture (COP) SME for major theater level Distributed Mission Operations in a Live, Virtual and Constructive synthetic environment.
- Must be familiar with Link 16 planning in accredited planning systems for operational level warfighting exercises.
- Be able to provide technical expertise related to multiple systems to include the following: Air Defense System Integrator (TADIL/Link processing) (ADSI), Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (Fires) (AFATDS), Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS) Joint Range Extension (JRE) system, Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J), MIDS/SADL radios, Amalgamated Remote Management System (ARMS),
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years related experience.
- Builds event plans, products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or wargaming objectives.
- Shares best practices, expertise and SOPs, and builds a team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges, conflicts, and problems.
- Leads efforts and is a positive influence within the J7 Exercise planning and support environment.
- Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution)
- Facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, synthetic environment requirements and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Engaging stakeholders, planners, and SMEs in all phases of the JELC.
- Performs duties so that customers can show up at events and immediately work on systems that have been set up by the simulation engineer.
- Professionally, promptly addresses questions, problems, and issues while keeping the team and leadership informed of the situation and any insights learned.
Operational and Technical:
- Operating knowledge of systems to include but not limited to the following: Air Defense System Integrator (TADIL/Link processing) (ADSI), Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (Fires) (AFATDS), Command Post of the Future (CPOF), Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS) Joint Range Extension (JRE) system, Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J), MIDS/SADL radios, Amalgamated Remote Management System (ARMS),
Candidate must have an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.