Task Title: Senior Systems Security Engineer
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer directly supports the SAF/SQ Special Programs Chief in the Special Access Program (SAP) management duties required to acquire highly-classified space systems that are duly protected while promoting integration to meet warfighter requirements
- Develops, implements and maintains SAF/SQ SAP systems security architecture designed to serve as a roadmap for Space SAPs from program establishment through transition to operations
- Evaluates technical and programmatic SAP packages for impacts to the larger SAP security architecture and provides assessment of whether they meet the appropriate mix of measures to protect the program, system information, and technologies
- Participates in independent programmatic and technical risk assessments to assess technical risks and propose mitigation activities to improve program execution
- Research, document, and report on security issues and emerging threats
- Shares security information with a multitude of partners to build rapport and garner support for enhanced security improvements
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- 20+ years applicable experience with at least 10 years Special Access Program experience preferably in the last 5 years
- Master's degree in a technical field; Systems Engineering preferred
- Must have current Top Secret security clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Demonstrates deep understanding of Security Architecture, Information Assurance, Security Compliance, and SAP Security, both from a technical as well as business process perspective
- Demonstrates an understanding of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with Information (program and system information), Technology (Critical Program Information), and Components (mission-critical functionality) as well as key protection activities
- Displays comprehensive understanding of DoD weapon system acquisition and Systems Engineering processes; DAF and space systems experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills. Must have experience in using critical thinking to prepare written reports and presentations for executive-level officials
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, lead and execute studies or projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint software applications
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.