SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services in Colorado Springs, CO. Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph is required. The targeted compensation is $ 135,000.00 to $145,000.00
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements.
- Perform general program management functions on a daily basis, to include milestone/status tracking, inter-organizational coordination and liaison, prepare and provide briefings/presentations, and review/edit/update classified documentation
- Conducts technical reviews and assessments of program development and readiness activities. Coordinates recommendations with government stakeholders and supports program status reviews.
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, opportunities, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers from various contractors and government organizations
- Develop assessments and briefings for a variety of audiences, must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) and seven (7) years or more experience . While STEM degree is generally contractually required, some flexibility/waiver is possible.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Direct and current experience with National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and associated processes
- Knowledge of overall space and ground architecture including ground terminal equipment (satellite antennas), telemetry/tracking/control, and/or mission processing functions
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment, operations and maintenance, decommission
- Experience with CONOPS requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture development
- Experience with mission readiness process, familiar with control gates and associated documentation, entry/exit criteria
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, launch and initialization, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Experience in requirements definition, analysis and engineering, systems and data architecture, system analysis and design, systems development, validation and verification.
- Experience developing and providing oversight of Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) and more detailed program schedules
- Self-starter, proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics
- Polished communicator (written/verbal); impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Project management tools to include JIRA and Confluence.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.