SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Fleet Support, Branch at Dahlgren, Virginia. The successful candidate will participate in verifying Operating Systems and Networks are specification compliant, has demonstrable expertise installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Network Operating System with emphasis for time critical redundant paths and devices.
This is a fully remote role with some travel related to program need usually to CONUS and OCONUS Navy Stations.
Candidates MUST be within 60 miles of Dahlgren, VA given that they will need to go on site to provide support as needed.
- Interpret network configurations.
- The position requires competence in operational techniques and familiarity with Tactical Operating Environment, knowledge of Computer Operating Systems, UNIX/Linux, and Computer Networks practices.
- The candidate will participate in verifying the Operating Systems and Networks are specification compliant by writing and or executing test plans, and supporting and participating in test events in a laboratory and shipboard environment.
- Responsible for applying systems analysis, design techniques, and operational procedures to complex scientific or operational systems in a broad area such as requirements development, engineering, interface design, training, routine operations, and interoperability.
- Assist in the development of system design for approved projects.
- Interpret information and informally arbitrate between system users when conflicts exist.
- Conduct research in a field or specialization of a scientific or operational discipline to discover facts or perform research directed toward investigation, evaluation, and application of known scientific, mathematical, or operational theories and principles.
- Evaluate and develop new concepts, or processes, and prepare or review technical reports for use by engineering, operational, or management personnel for long and short range planning or for use by personnel in technical services activities.
- The candidate will work with Tactical Operating Environment (TACTOE), in support of Weapon System certification, testing, in laboratory and at-sea, deployment of software, and fleet support.
- Bachelors and Minimum 2 years of experience as a System Engineer with technical or operational experience in the related field, or Network Communication Protocols and Cisco IOS configuration and troubleshooting, Masters 0 years of experience.
- Must have interim secret clearance and be willing to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience with Networking.
- Experience with UNIX.
- Shipboard experience.
- Experience with baseline 9 and above.
- Experience installing, configuring, updating, and troubleshooting Operating Systems with Linux/Unix HPC emphasis, development and interpretation of Linux/Unix scripts, and a High level of Linux/Unix command line functionality and principles.
- Demonstrable expertise installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Network Operating System with emphasis for time critical redundant paths and devices.
- Major DOD Weapon System technical or engineering experience.
- Electronic Technician level knowledge for Industrial applications and devices to include point to point communication protocols.
- Able to troubleshoot and verify network configurations.
- Knowledge of software and hardware implemented RAID and protocols to support RAID to include multipath and DRBD.
- Able to interpret USN C-Level Weapon System Specifications then develop and execute test plans from the specifications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of python, Perl, BASH, C-Shell, or other computer languages.
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions and their use.
- Network knowledge, above CCNA level, for layer two network redundancy protocols such as Port Channels, HSRP, Virtual Switching Systems, STP; static and dynamic routing protocols, and the theory of operation of network switches and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and analysis of TCP/IP captures.
- Able to use Operating and Network device system messages and other logs to diagnose issues.
- VME or other backplane technology.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.