SAIC is looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator in our Middletown, RI location.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Configuring, maintaining, patching, monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of Linux operating systems (RHEL) with basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Provide infrastructure support for other IT-related services
- Managing Linux customer access rights using Centrify
- Maintains full awareness of security and compliance requirements, managing implementations of technology in support of those controls. (STIGs, POA&M, etc.)
- Supports weekly scans, reviewing updates and patching for all client and server instances, works with IA to mitigate findings
- Low level troubleshooting of smartcard and card reader issues
- Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
- Assist customers with the installation and updates of applications
- Manage NFS exports
- Build, configure and securely harden Linux workstation and servers
- BS and 5 years experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux operating systems, primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 7 and 8)
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise environment
- Linux operating system certification such as RHCSA, Linux+ CE (minimum)
- CISSP or Security+ CE (minimum) certification
- Interim Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Secret
- Experience deploying and managing server-based applications, services and processes in DOD or similar environments
- Experience managing Yum Repos and patching for networked deployments of Linux operating systems
- Experience managing Identity and Authentication solutions including Active Directory, PKI, and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementations in secure environments
- Experience reviewing, understanding, and implementing network and security protocols and methods (i.e. 802.1x, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls, IPSEC/TLS, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, harden and validate compliance across hardware, software, and application layers implementations to satisfy requirements while maintaining functional/operational performance
- Experience managing Satellite, Ansible Tower and syslog servers
- Experience with scripting languages such as BASH, Perl and Python
- Experience configuring firewalls, NFS exports, SELinux, fapolicyd
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.