SAIC is seeking a Senior Director Capture Manager to perform pursuit and opportunity development for government contract awards across the Defense and Civilian Markets Enterprise.
Our Senior Director Capture Manager directs and manages all facets of one to four pursuits simultaneously, taking ownership and being accountable for maturing business and technical solutions through the business development lifecycle to include competitive intelligence, strategic posturing, teaming, solutioning and pricing to result in contract awards.
Our successful capture managers:
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen to develop teams and identify near-term and long-range strategies for business development across our defense and civilian business units.
- Demonstrate leadership prowess while developing and executing integrated capture plans using industry best practices, with emphasis on win strategies, themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
- Work with sector and corporate enabling functional staffs while leading technical, management and cost proposal teams through final submission of focused growth and capture initiatives and artifacts.
- Demonstrate highly effective work in fast-paced, time sensitive environments while multi-tasking across all business and technical disciplines
- Manage and lead matrixed pursuit teams specific to each business units’ opportunities
- Communicate resource requirements while leveraging staff assigned
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, functional leads, and program managers while preparing proposals
- Gather, refine, and validate customer requirements
- Assess likely competitors while evaluating strengths and threats -- conduct black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Prepare win strategy, testing and validating advances to management and technical design with value propositions and differentiated bid elements based on company capabilities, features and benefits
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Develop strategies to overcome challenges and mitigate risk
- Present gate reviews to senior leaders along with pricing, teaming, and capture assessments; prepare lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Manage assigned portfolio of opportunities as campaign lead
- Recommend pursue/ no pursue and bid / no bid decisions
- Drive completion of bid artifacts; ensure integrity of win strategy through color reviews; oversee proposal manager/director in preparing bid volumes
- Manage high performing teams in a matrix-management environment
- Communicate with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
- Demonstrate ability to win complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards that meet and exceed challenging goals and quotas
- Bachelor’s degree plus eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- U.S. Citizen eligible to obtain a Secret clearance once onboard
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices.
- Proven success winning $500M and larger programs
- Previous capture management experience commensurate with prior performance in business development roles
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and confident working closely with senior and executive management within the company and with key federal customers
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.