SAIC, a leading provider of systems development and deployment, targeting and intelligence analysis, systems engineering and integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community (IC) is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives, while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division is seeking an Agile Scrum Master who will guide and coach the Scrum team in utilizing Agile methodology and scrum practices to deliver high quality products and services to customers. As an Agile Scrum Master, you will also maintain close working relationships with product owners, scrum teams, and other stakeholders, such as product end users. The Scrum Master will identify any organizational roadblocks that limit team productivity and quality and provide feedback to improve, innovate, and successfully deliver products.
- Remove obstacles to project team efficiency and effectiveness; reaching out to the larger organizational network for impediment removal; ensuring cross-team coordination.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.) to monitor progress
- Facilitate Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo.
- Manage product releases and dependencies between teams and third parties or between assigned teams and other Scrum teams.
- Liaising between developers and project stakeholders; fostering quality communication between engineering disciplines.
- Gather requirements information from users and develop specifications, gather, define and coordinate testing requirements.
- Develop and document Use Cases or User Stories and User Interface Storyboarding using Agile development methodologies.
- Participate in development phases with emphasis on the analysis/design, documentation, testing, and integration phases.
- Ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications
- Support development of product roadmaps and strengthening the presence of the team as an Agile center of excellence.
Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Sixteen years of realted IT experience, to include experience in one or more of the following scrum activities:
- Leading working sessions with product owners to review and determine requirements, scope, and schedule constraints
- Guiding and coaching Scrum Teams in using Agile Methodology and Scrum practices
- Implementing Scaled Agile Frameworks into multiple high value IT delivery projects
- Experience in driving Agile maturity models, MVI’s, and tools such as JIRA and MS-Project
- Utilizing AWS or other cloud technologies
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative ideas
- Knowledge of the Sponsor’s Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Certifications: Lean Agile Institute Certified Scrum Master (LAI-SM), SAFe Scrum Master, and/or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification.
- Experience on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Well versed in a variety of Agile approaches (Lean, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban).
- Knowledge of development environments, platforms, and technologies including Java, NiFi, data engineering and cloud technology.
- Experience with software DevSecOps/DevOps pipeline processes and tools.
- Ability to work independently and interact regularly with government and non-government stakeholders at multiple levels of authority.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.