Job ID: 2211102
Location: OMAHA, NE, United States
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Linux Administrator to support the Air Force Weather community on the Technology Application Development and Sustainment (TADS) contract. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to provide hands-on experience designing, installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining enterprise systems. Candidates will also support the shift to cloud frameworks for some enterprise functionality. We are looking for someone who is passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join the SAIC team!
• Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline and 9 years experience or 13 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Advanced knowledge of one or more operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or AIX
• Experience with infrastructure automation approaches and tools such as Ansible and Terraform
• Experience working with container based approaches
• • Experience with monitoring tools
• Familiarity with virtual desktop infrastructure
• Familiarity with enterprise storage solutions
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Troubleshoot outages or other system errors and implement/recommended fix actions, as necessary
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
• Operating System Certificates validating depth of knowledge
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.