SAIC is seeking a SATCOM Engineer to support an enterprise SATCOM program. The candidate must be detail oriented, understand satellite orbital mechanics, and be able to conduct engineering calculations and produce drawings to support equipment deployments.
Job Duties Include:
- Manipulate and display SATCOM beam data and assist with processing large quantities of data, as well as, field customer questions regarding device aiming and/or movement in beam centers due to satellites’ s inclination and eccentricity, and field general orbital mechanics questions, primarily regarding geosynchronous satellites.
- Willing to learn the associated tools for tasking, planning, researching and data routing of the SATCOM program, along with tools for operations center support and system health/performance monitoring.
- Provide frequency selection assistance, perform spectral surveys, troubleshooting, sharing notifications and answering technical questions.
- Analyze system performance measurements and participate in system level troubleshooting, working with disparate system engineering teams to identify, analyze, and resolve technical issues and verify modifications with enhancements.
- Provide frequency management support, work with users and the broad frequency management community (e.g. FMWG) to help ensure continued access to the RF spectrum.
- Perform day-to-day operational support for the planning and tasking of the operational system, providing systems engineering and integration expertise, addressing planning requirements, gathering and validating for smooth integration to operational system.
- Leverage associated tools for tasking, planning, research and data routing of the SATCOM program, as well as, tools for operations center support and system health/performance monitoring.
- Use enterprise messaging services, conduct operational surveys and generate travel cables and system notification to AOR.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to provide infrastructure support to customers during live testing and operations.
- Responsible for monitoring network performance and data flow, keeping accurate logs, assisting customers with mission planning, data delivery and providing stakeholder notifications, as appropriate.
- Support new electronic device technologies and software-defined radio (SDR) developments.
- Support systems engineering in satellite communications to characterize usage for new state of the art small form factor (SFF) radios, utilizing best practices and systems engineering principles.
- Document results for distribution to multiple levels of decision-making authorities.
- Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/ Poly
- BS in engineering, computer systems, or relevant technical area and 10 years as a System Engineer
- 9+ years working in SATCOM
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required <15 % of time.
- Understand satellite orbital mechanics; some familiarity with two line segments.
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively and execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work occasional surge support
- Ability to work shift hours, as needed, to support customers
- Experience with Windows, Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic for Applications.
- Operations center experience and Knowledge of enterprise system monitoring tools.
- Experience with programming or scripting language for test development and automation.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications and enterprise messaging services, or willingness to learn these tools.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.