SAIC is looking for a ServiceNow Developer to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The ServiceNow Developer's primary responsibilities include providing the design and delivery of technical solutions and custom application development within the ServiceNow environment. Candidate must have a strong understanding of software engineering and ServiceNow's IT Service Management (ITSM) platform. This individual needs to have a solution-driven mindset to best work through the deliverables around the needs of the organization. Excellent communication and documentation skills are extremely important for this individual to be successful!
- Developing, designing, configuring and rolling out new application modules, workflows and catalog requests.
- Designing and delivering technical solutions that are developed on the ServiceNow platform for all internal employees
- Provide software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations
- Create integrations and process automation using API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
- Create and maintain Service Catalog Items and Knowledge Bases.
- Work with IT Service Management Team and other key client stakeholders within IT and the Business
- Understand business requirements for ServiceNow - Architect integrations with ServiceNow using LDAP, Single Sign-on, Mid server, Web-services, Email and several in-house applications and technologies - Participate in sizing the application for future growth and scalability
- Perform technical configurations, application maintenance and house-keeping activities
- Design security of the application, and own data security function
- Trouble-shoot technical issues related to ServiceNow application configuration and other technical issues
- Find opportunities to improve the platform
- Understand the large scale thinking and apply the same for designing solutions
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- 3+ years of ServiceNow development skills with 3+ years of experience in an enterprise-level environment.
- Experience supporting the customization, administration, and configuration of the ServiceNow tool
- Configuration/customization experience on various ITSM modules (Incident, Problem, Change, Service, Knowledge, Asset, etc…)
- Experience with Rome or newer releases
- Hands on experience building and using REST APIs
- ServiceNow Application Developer certification is a plus
- Experience with RDBMS tools and data modeling
- Working with creation and customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Portal, and Service Catalog Automation System/Process Automation (Orchestration)
- Prior experience integrating ServiceNow to other applications and ability to adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Strong communications skills and the ability to explain complex concepts in plain language
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Serena / SVN
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.