SAIC is currently seeking a Wargame Simulation Engineer to support the Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC) located on Ford Island in Oahu, Hawaii.
The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and technical support in joint simulations, core IT systems, exercise design, architecture, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution.
- The candidate coordinates with technical planners and engineers to design wargame simulations and Common Operational Picture (COP) technical architectures and solutions to include cross-domain solutions (CDS).
- Performs systems admin functions and network monitoring for simulation and C4I capabilities within the Simulation Organization / Tech Control within the Exercise Control Group Operations.
- Performs technical duties to modify and manipulate terrain data files and imports and adjust databases to meet wargame scenario requirements and training objectives.
- Performs systems engineering and IT administration functions during technical tests (EFT, EOT) and ECG Training and CPX execution.
- Coordinates closely with stakeholder organizations supporting exercises requiring deployed systems to include performing system tests, generating equipment plans, and packaging equipment for deployment.
- Tests and validates simulation solutions during the design and planning stages to ensure the solution works during event execution.
- Builds set-up and execution plans, SOPs, presentations, diagrams, technical documentation, floor plans, and training materials for wargame exercises.
- Identifies equipment required, hardware specs, the software required, and builds software image and/or system installation and configuration per event participant requirements.
- Coordinates and installs network components as required, including switches and cabling
- Coordinates and establishes proper connections between simulation systems and C4I systems.
- Collaborates with other SMEs to document and provide all information required for configurations, network, and proper operations across the ECG and TA SMEs.
- Regularly engages with other team members for status on operations, identifying issues, and resolving problems.
- Updates SOPs, technical documentation, logs, and performs event archives, backups, as required
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each event.
Bachelors and four (4) years of relevant experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Builds event plans, products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or wargaming objectives.
- Shares best practices, expertise and SOPs, and builds a team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges, conflicts, and problems.
- Leads efforts and is a positive influence within the J73 Wargame planning and support environment.
- Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution)
- Facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, synthetic environment requirements and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Engaging stakeholders, planners, and SMEs in all phases of the JELC.
- Performs duties so that customers can show up at events and immediately work on systems that have been set up by the simulation engineer.
- Professionally, promptly addresses questions, problems, and issues while keeping the team and leadership informed of the situation and any insights learned.
- IT Administration knowledge (Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of the Joint Theater Level Simulation for Global Operations (JTLS-GO) is a plus
- Knowledge of the Joint Live, Virtual, and Constructive Federation (JLVC) is a plus
- Database development and manipulation knowledge
Candidate must possess a Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.