SAIC has an opening for a Modeling and Simulation Engineering position at its Aircraft Armament Systems division in Indianapolis, IN.
Note: This position will be hybrid remote with 2-3 days telework and approximately 2 days on site at our facility in Indianapolis, IN.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities throughout the complete program lifecycle related to embedded systems engineering design including, but not limited to: requirements analysis and definition; deriving system level requirements into detailed hardware and software requirements; tracing of requirements to design model elements and verification procedures. Develop test plans and procedures; perform peer reviews; support system analysis and design activities. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more related experience
- Experience with IBM Rational® DOORS requirements management tool; Experience with Cameo Enterprise Architecture / MagicDraw® Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tool.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Active Security Clearance not required, but must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553 communication interfaces.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.