SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer for mostly full time Flex Work with an as needed basis for on-site secure tasks. Must have an active TS/SCI. Located on the central or east coast.
- Serve as the Senior Technical Writer for a contingent United States Army task order. Potential growth to support additional task orders and projects in a cost-share model.
- Perform technical writing for secured documentation on an as needed basis, at the nearest contract-approved secured site.
- Adhere and make recommendations to document processes determined by the Task Order Program Manager and Knowledge Manager.
- Write and update material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Refine work of writers, and head and coordinate activities of writers engaged in preparing technical, scientific, training, or other material for publication in conjunction with or independent from research and related activities.
- Assist in determinations of appropriate presentation methods, evaluate text content, edit material for style, layout, design, grammar, clarity, readability, and conformity to standards.
- Minimal travel required for this position based on locality near secure facility.
- Bachelors and twelve (12) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
- Bachelors or higher degree in: education, journalism, English, or equivalent degree field, from an accredited college or university,
- At least eight years of experience in Government technical writing.
Required Security Clearance:
- US Citizen with active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience performing technical writing for secured documentation at a secured location.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and tools, and Adobe Professional or similar.
- Experience in writing of technical training materials.
- Demonstrated grammatical and spelling skills and an ability to accurately describe technical information in simple, clear language.
- Experience supporting and communicating with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with computer support, video technology, distance learning, and other state of the art technologies.
- Experience utilizing SharePoint/iCenter for records management and portal dashboards for reporting.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little oversight and supervision.
- Ability to accurately describe technical information in simple, clear language.
- Experience with Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and/or Information Analysis Centers Multiple Award Contract (IAC MAC) contracts.
- Experience supporting two or more task orders with multiple projects.
- Experience with U.S. Army or U.S Army National Guard, especially in military intelligence.
- Knowledge of Document Management and Configuration Management principles in order to adhere to task order requirement methodology.
- Ability to learn, communicate, and track task order, customer, and corporate Technical Writing standards and requirements across multiple task orders.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.