Job ID: 2210809
Location: STERLING, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Hardware Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Hardware/Electrical Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting, fulfilling and challenging career with SAIC.
Responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware, including computer systems, circuit boards, power supplies and other peripherals. Build systems to fit within specified and varied size requirements. Supervises the manufacturing, production, and installation of the parts.
• Manage a team of engineers - at least four years management experience required.
• Design and oversee the production of computer hardware equipment.
• Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly.
• Identify and isolate defects through logical troubleshooting.
• Deconstruct existing systems for parts analysis and repair.
• Build computer hardware models with COTS parts for testing and development in extreme temperature environment.
• Work with metal, plastics, and composites.
• Proficient at measuring, using drills, cutters and other workbench power tools in performance of duties.
• Equipment housing and mounting design and prototyping
• Electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering experience helpful
• Design and test circuits and other electronic components.
• Test work and refine processes.
• Integrate components into the final design.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
• Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM).
• Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
• Generate specifications for parts.
• Control the efficiency of processes.
• Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
• Build, test and modify product prototypes.
• Soldering and circuit board rework experience a plus.
• Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
• Design support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
• Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education and Experience:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.