Job ID: 2210802
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is preparing for the potential award of a new contract with USPTO. Please apply to this requisition if you believe you are interested and qualified for the roles we are seeking to fill and understand this will be contingent upon award to start.
SAIC is seeking motivated, creative, detail-oriented, and experienced Platform Services Engineers to join our energetic
and versatile team in Alexandria, VA responsible for providing platform services support for an important government
customer. There will be multiple positions and varying levels and skills.
- Support a 24 x 7 environment, providing on-call support as needed, with a high degree of responsiveness and sound
- Provide production & non-production middleware support for multiple business critical applications.
- Work with application developers to fully utilize built in product functionalities.
- Work with CICD pipelines, automated environments, PaaS.
- Grasp quickly and work independently, troubleshoot issues without support from Team Lead’s.
- Work with Linux/Unix Environments and troubleshooting tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics.
- Work in an Agile environment for Infrastructure teams, work within Agile Product Teams, work within the Change Request
- Work in HA (Blue/Green) & DR/COOP architectures.
- Broad understanding of Security protocols including HTTPS, SSL, SSO.
- Develop scripts that support automation, innovation, and security initiatives
- Monitoring tools and deployment automation development
- Diagnose complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors
- Work closely with the development team on upcoming features to determine correct infrastructure and related tools.
- Assist the support team with escalated customer issues
-In-depth, hands-on experience with Ansible/Terraform, AWS CDK, and Puppet
-Proficient with containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift
-In-depth AWS experience
-Strong understanding of Java J2EE containers
-Must be proficient with Shell Scripting
-Must have installation, configuration, scripting, troubleshooting of Middleware OpenSource technology stack including but
not limited to JBOSS EAP, WildFly, Apache HTTPD, JWS, Tomcat, JBOSS AMQ, Springboot, FUSE, Script Server, Solr,
-Must Have Agile Team experience and experience with Agile and Change Management tools like Rally, Remedy, and
ServiceNow or similar tools.
-Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience working within a team
-Experience with middleware automation
-Strong written and verbal communication skills
-Experience with Google Cloud and/or Azure
-RedHat Cloudform and proficiency with Forman is a plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.