SAIC is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer who will be a key member of a team performing Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Equipment and Software Cybersecurity Systems Engineering along with key functions supporting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process for tactical systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical evaluations of FMS equipment, software applications, full system, or network and documenting the security posture, capabilities, and vulnerabilities against applicable NIST controls.
- Selecting and implementing security controls, timely completion of accreditation packages, formulating and implementing mitigations and maintaining the security posture of systems.
- Identify, assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout a system’s lifecycle, validate system security requirements, formulate and maintain documentation and system certification and accreditation activities (planning, testing, assessing and coordinating).
- Documenting preliminary or residual security risks for system operation & manage and approve Authorization Packages.
- Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) security, resilience, and dependability requirements including performing validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impact and risks at the software application, system, and network levels.
- Work with team to provide solutions and to ensure continued functionality of systems within DoD RMF Framework
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of experience.
- Interim Secret Security Clearance required to start; Secret Security Clearance is required to continue employment.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Cybersecurity Domain
- Experience with implementing and evaluating DoD STIG requirements, NIST RMF, IAVMs and Cybersecurity assessment tools (ACAS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer)
- Experience with cryptographic technologies
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and NIST security controls
- Knowledge of information system architecture and standards as they apply to cyber security
- Minimum 8570 IASAE I Certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP+)
- 8570 IASAE level III (i.e. CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSEP, CCSP)
- Experience in a DoD security environment
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.