SAIC is looking for an Azure DevOps Architect to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC. The Azure DevOps Architect’s primary responsibilities include providing technical leadership in the creation and support of continuous integration (CI), continuous development (CD) pipelines for Cloud services using Azure DevOps Server; as well as contributing to the design, management, and support of the Azure PaaS/IaaS environment.
- Participate in the creation of an Azure DevOps Server environment. This will include providing hardware specs and installation instructions. Perform or coordinate Azure DevOps Server system maintenance activities such as backups and patching.
- Configure user groups and other access control elements to integrates with Active Directory (AD) (possibly multiple AD domains) or other user repositories.
- Work with multiple teams to customize waterfall or agile workflows and to define collection permissions. Assist teams with migration of code from older versions of Azure DevOps Server and other repositories such as CVS, SVN, and Git.
- The successful candidate will provide hands-on guidance on topics such as branching and merging, build automation, workstation configuration, CI/CD pipelines, other release procedures and general use of the tools. Provide support for both native Azure DevOps Server source repositories and Git source repositories.
- The position supports both Microsoft .Net and Java development teams; an overall understanding of both technologies is necessary. Prior experience as a developer in one or both technologies is beneficial.
- Maintain an inventory of portfolio applications and the servers that host each application. Update multiple system catalogs and assist with the consolidation of these catalogs.
- Work with the data center personnel and application teams to upgrade servers, operating systems, middleware software, database software, and agency applications. Also coordinate OS, middleware, and database patching. Notify affected teams of the upgrade and patching activities. Similarly, work with application teams to identify server needs for new applications. Coordinate with the data center vendor and application teams to either build new servers or deploy the new application to existing servers.
- Assist the data center and the incident management personnel with major incident resolution. Provide impact analysis for server or application outages and assist with finding additional support contacts related to the outage. Participate in incident response calls as necessary.
Eight (8) years’ experience and proven success managing any source code repository, with at least two (2) years managing Azure DevOps Server.
Demonstrated understanding of software configuration management, build, deployment and release management, application lifecycle management, infrastructure, and DevOps tools and processes.
Demonstrated ability to operate independently with limited direction, and responds rapidly in a diverse organizational environment, with daily customer interactions. Ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel.
Demonstrated ability to manage Azure DevOps Server source code repositories. Additional experience with other repositories such as Git, SVN, and CVS is preferred.
Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.