SAIC is looking for an Engineering Manager to join a program headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing a team of engineers who are responsible for successful delivery of infrastructure modernization and enhancement initiatives, in support of our IT contract with the federal Government.
- Leads, mentors, and directly manages a team of Azure Cloud, DevSecOps and system engineers in their delivery of technology solutions for our federal client.
- Provides expertise and guidance to the engineering team in the practice areas of our IT infrastructure enterprise including Azure Cloud (IaaS, PaaS), Microsoft’s Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps), ServiceNow, Identity Management (Active Directory, Active Roles Server, SailPoint, etc.), Azure DevOps Server, server, database, and middleware (MS SQL, Oracle), storage, networking, security, and other standard data center technologies.
- Partner with members of neighbor teams including operations, security, and tools teams to drive our cloud migration and DevSecOps transformation efforts forward.
- Removes roadblocks to success and acts as an escalation point to senior leadership.
- Designs and coordinates implementation of automated solutions to replace or enhance manual processes.
- Collects requirements, researches, and analyzes alternatives, and makes recommendations for IT infrastructure solutions.
- Ensures that new IT infrastructure solutions are designed and deployed to meet functional, security and technical requirements.
- Works to provide a culture of accountability, dependability, and transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology and at least 8 years directly managing people.
- Demonstrated experience and technology certifications in the technologies of our enterprise preferred. These include, but are not limited to
- Azure Cloud (IaaS, PaaS), Identity Management (SailPoint), ICAM, Power BI, Azure DevOps Server.
- Microsoft platforms and solutions, to include Active Directory DS, DNS, Certificate Authority, Windows Server.
- Linux based solutions, such as Oracle Enterprise Linux, containerization platforms.
- VMware enterprise solutions, including Site Recovery (SRM) and on-premises vCenter.
- Storage solutions, LUN management, and zoning.
- Backup solutions and policies for entire infrastructure, such as NetBackup.
- Network switches and routers, particularly Access layer.
- Exceptional communication skills and consensus building skills.
- Passion for helping people: our engineers, our team, and the client we support.
Clearance: Must be able to attain Public Trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.