SAIC has a funded need for a Systems Integrator to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to support for a RF space communications and digital signal processing effort within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA.
- Operate as part of a team of SETA working a specific program within the customer's portfolio of ground and space-based communications programs.
- Supports the government program manager and assists in all activities related to program management.
- Responsible for managing part of the change management process to maintain documentation, working with users to define new requirements, working with developers to help design new implementation methods, working all internal & external interfaces, shepherding ground system capabilities into operations and supporting issues while in operations.
- Function as customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Designing, developing, evaluating and modifying end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generating quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensuring requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translating high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishing and coordinating development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Assessing performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Participating in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translating high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participating in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generating system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviewing test plans/procedures and ensuring they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Providing subject matter expertise to operations staff.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science at least 3+ yrs of experience. (4+ years of relevant years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.)
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- Experience working development of ground segments as part of overall space based mission.
- Basic understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be proactive and forward leaning.
- Experience with NUO customer missions or agency mission systems a Plus!
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.