Job ID: 2210371
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 28, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Engineering Policy Development and Outreach Lead to lead the engineering efforts of an exciting DHS task order. This on-site position will support DHS R&D and acquisition programs in their efforts to improve the efficiency of transforming customer needs and requirements into operational capabilities.
Job Duties Include:
- Applies applicable management analysis processes, modeling and simulation tools, and technical techniques to provide the services required.
- Employs process improvement and reengineering methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
- Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and additional forms of knowledge transfer.
- Serves as key coordinator among multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of management efforts.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to personnel performing management analysis tasking.
- Serves as the on-site systems engineering legislative and policy expert for the Chief Systems Engineer.
- Develops legislative proposals/recommendations to support the instantiation of systems engineering within DHS.
-Develops systems engineering policy including, DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle Instruction, Guidebook, and Supplemental Guidance; Technical Assessments Directive and Instruction; S&T Capability Development Framework Standardized Policy and Procedure and Guide.
- Proposes, drafts, and implements Secretary-level Resource Planning Priority and implementation guidance with respect to systems engineering.
-Plans, develops materials, and executes comprehensive outreach plans across components and offices on the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle and S&T Capability Development Framework.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a currently active Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years' experience performing management analysis.
- Experience working with/supporting DHS programs highly preferred.
- 10 years of specialized management analysis experience in areas such as business process reengineering, configuration management, quality control/assurance, organizational performance assessments, mission analysis, and strategic planning.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.