Job ID: 2210183
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Jul 7, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Big Data Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a seasoned Senior Data Engineer
SAIC seeks an experienced, results-oriented, mission-driven Data Engineer to perform data model design, data formatting, and ETL development optimized for efficient storage, access, and computation in support of Veterans Affairs. You’ll be part of agile teams responsible for increasing innovation capacity and driving the velocity of development of data ingestion and data analysis. You will synchronize efforts with other tasks in assembling data technologies to control the flow of data from source to value, with the goal of speeding up the process of deriving value and insight. The ideal candidate will have a passion for unlocking the secrets held by a dataset and solid understanding and experience with developing, automating, and enhancing all parts of the data pipeline to include ingestion, processing, storage, and exposing data for consumption.The data engineer also implements data tests for quality and also focuses on improving inefficient tooling and adopting new transformative technologies while maintain operational continuity.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
· Bachelors and 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer/Administrator or similar role
· Preference is a Bachelors and 13 years of experience or a Masters and 11 years of experience
· ITIL V3 Certified is a plus
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
· Capable of working under pressure, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work overtime and weekends required on occasion
· Experience providing services to the federal government is preferred
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.