SAIC is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst to provide analytical support to senior DoD officials (Principal Directors) in the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering. Specifically, the Policy Analyst will provide staff expertise and action officer support to assigned DDR&E (MOD) modernization priority areas (https://www.cto.mil/modernization-priorities/). Essential attributes include critical thinking, and the ability to actively interact with Joint Staff, Military Components, Defense Agencies, Industry, and other Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) departments. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Job duties include:
- Policy and Guidance Analysis Support. Develop and promulgate modernization priority area standards, policy and best practices; provide expert advice and guidance to policy and guidance development efforts within DoD and to areas of interest within R&E; provide policy analysis and input to both OUSD(R&E) controlled and external policy and guidance documentation with regards to its impact to DDR&E(MOD) areas
- Advance the Practice and Facilitate the Discussion. Support the creation and maintenance of, and participate in Working Groups (WGs), Communities of Practice (CoPs), industry forums, and similar groups related to the assigned Modernization Priority area; facilitate/understand issues, discovering/documenting community identified capability gaps, facilitating discussions, publishing success stories, formulating solutions, and achieving a common point of view among the members to support the advancement of the Modernization Priority areas
- Cooperation and Collaboration with Stakeholders. Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement with DoD stakeholder organizations; promote cooperation and collaboration among DoD components to include key touchpoints with Joint Staff, OUSD(A&S), and DoD CIO
- Action Officer Support. Provide technical and management research and inputs for DDR&E(MOD) data calls, correspondence, paper/presentation requirements, briefings, articles, instructions, handbooks, reports, training courses, and similar items, as required; maintain contact directories, build project schedules, data mine, write status reports and white papers, compile data, prepare briefings, coordinate meetings, and similar items; facilitate meetings using electronic tools (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Defense Collaboration Services (DCS), etc.); develop, prepare, and coordinate national and international meetings.
- Duties may include organizing travel; reserving adequate meeting space; preparing read-ahead packages; distributing invitations; taking minutes; recording, tracking, and adjudicating action items; and developing agendas and briefings per OUSD(R&E) criteria and guidance
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience with policy development, reviewing, responding, and routing policy and directives through staffing and approval
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives efficiently and effectively (to include experience interfacing/communicating with Senior Executive leadership in both government and industry)
- Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and reports
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS TEAMS) and databases
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills, good interpersonal skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.