Senior System Security/Information Assurance SME & Team Lead
- SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior System Security/Information Assurance SME & Team Lead / Manager to join our team in Arlington, VA, supporting the DISA-JSP customer.
Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM core hours with occasional after hours’ onsite work to support both a NIPR and SIPR environment.
- This position is for a Senior System Security/Information Assurance SME supporting our Department of Defense (DOD) contract, working in Arlington, VA
- The applicant will provide technical support and compliance for the network and systems in a collaborative team environment
- The candidate should have proven experience with Security and auditing Tools for Windows Operating Systems such as ACAS and HBSS
- Candidate must have 1-5 years of experience with security products as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Products, such as Microsoft Server 2012R2, Server 2016 and Windows 10 operating systems
- The applicant should have an understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and knowledge with other Microsoft Office based products
- Candidate should have the ability to operate as a Lead / Manager of a team of staff
- This position requires an active DOD Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH). Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or at least five (5) years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and ability to work with Government leadership
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working with Security and Auditing tools for Windows and Linux operating system such HBSS and ACAS
- ACAS to including knowledge of installing, configuring, maintenance, backups, and restore
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance which include but not limited to; review of scans, review of audit data, vulnerability data, and creating vulnerability reports for submission
- Responding to CTO and DTO data calls and drafting of responses and submitting as required
- Experience maintaining network, system, configuration documentation for audit and security compliance purposes
- Knowledge of Server/Workstation Security and maintenance updates
- Knowledge of VMware Security and maintenance updates
- Design/Maintain/Create system configuration and architecture documentation Design/Maintain/Create system process
- Maintain virus definitions, patch versions, and STIG versions in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) standards
- Monitor and Maintain Host Based Security System (HBSS) systems
- Monitor and Maintain SCCM systems and knowledge of how push updates, patches, etc.
- Provide technical support and implementation for security tools and upgrades
- Support DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- Ensure security tools and products are operating at the latest vendor version
- Ensure systems are operating is at the latest DISA-approved version of Security Center, as well as having the latest patches installed
- Ensure the Nessus Scanner is at the latest DISA-approved version of Nessus
- Monitor Rogue System Detection within McAfee ePO and report all rogue systems appropriately
- Monitor Data Loss Prevention within McAfee ePO and report all DLP incidents appropriately
- Maintain Microsoft updates from WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) server on JSP Network and import to WSUS server residing on the PRUN (Pentagon Reservation Utility Network).
- Active DoD 8140 IAT Level III certification
- CISSP desired
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.