SAIC is seeking a Program Analyst Senior - Aviation Communications to assist on the The NAVAIR TACCOM Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL), supporting the development and fielding of new technologies related to advanced waveforms. This role is located in Pax River, MD. The position will support the ARC-210 engineering team and the TACCOM development IPTL in execution of Crypto Modernization, SATCOM and Anti-jam waveform modernization. The position includes developing strategies for fielding modernized capability, while coordinating NSA and JITC/MUOS (Mobile User Objective System) certifications. The following job duties will be expected of this resource:
- Providing TACCOM team with subject matter expertise related to radio communications including Satellite Communications protocols, DAMAcommunications, Integrated Waveform (IW), Link 4A, Link 11, COM Encryption Algorithms, SATURN, HaveQuick, SINCGARS, TSV (Tactical Secure Voice), aircraft bus control via 1553, Ethernet and the Program Loader Set (PLS) used to upload new radio software. Additionally, the candidate will coordinate Integration Support for ARC-210 radios on airborne platforms.
- Technical review of Collins Aerospace delivered Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and contract data deliverables (CDRLs) for the ARC-210 radios. Screen all ECO proposals for vulnerabilities and make recommendations to support informed decisions on ECO approval.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Aviation Communications, preferred RF/Satellite Communications.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (10%), supporting waveform development for the ARC-210 Communications Equipment on platforms throughout all branches of the military,
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise related to RF Communications and Satellite Communications protocols
- Establishing milestones/POAMs and roadmaps to achieve Cryptologic modernization requirements, Anti-Jam capabilities and Satellite Communication upgrades.
- Ability to manage recurring meetings with platform program offices, to track project execution, monitor the integration progress and briefs progress to leadership
- Tracks progress from integration planning phase, system retrofits, and platform test events
- Management support experience to run meetings and track action items to keep the program moving forward
- Working closely with platform program offices, IPT members, functional leads, planning offices, and other military services, including Senior Resource Sponsors
***This position REQUIRES U.S. citizenship and, at minimum, an ACTIVE DoD secret-level clearance. All candidates without an active clearance will be immediately disqualified.***
- MA/MS Degree
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Bachelor's Degree plus four (4) additional year work experience performing duties described in the functional description of the labor category; OR Associates Degree plus six (6) year additional work experience performing duties described in the functional description of the labor category; OR ten (10) years additional work experience performing duties describe in the functional description of the labor category
- Over 10 years of combined experience performing duties described in the functional description. The ideal candidate will have Aviation Communications expertise either as a USMC Avionics Officer (Warrant Officer/LDO), USN/LDO/N6 Communications/Electronics Material Officer, have an in-depth knowledge, experience operating the AN/ARC-210 Radio and an extensive satellite communications background.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.