We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior .Net Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC Federal Systems.
Day to day activities:
- Serve as an active member of the software development team participating in the daily stand-ups.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications.
- May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution Provide Tier 3/4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field is required (experience can be considered in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 9 years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust
- Distributed system design and development with Microsoft C# .NET environment, as well as use of other C/C++ languages
- Agile development soft skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to learn new technology stack, hardware/software aspects and apply different technologies for problem solving
Other Technical Skills (Desired):
- OpenCV/Image Processing/Face Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Middleware and User Interface driven applications
- Multi-threaded applications; Exception handling
- Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
- Web Services development Ideal Skills:
- SQL Server
- Git, Git Tools and SVN
- Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
- Nice to have:
- PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Docker and Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Mobile platform development
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.