Email Technician-San Diego, CA Job
Date: Apr 30, 2013
Location: San Diego, CA, US
The Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit is presently seeking Email Technicians to support an upcoming Military Sealift Command (MSC) contract. Responsible for postmaster functions on unclassified and classified e-mail systems at the Military Sealift Command (MSC) Afloat Network Operations Center (ANOC).
- Monitor all connections and queues between various email systems and locations.
- Conduct email database maintenance, backup and restore as required.
- Perform documented troubleshooting and disaster recovery of all servers.
- Maintain email accounts for local and remote users.
- Perform remote diagnostics of shipboard Exchange servers.
- Provide assistance to shipboard personnel in response to trouble calls assigned by the MSC Global helpdesk.
- Maintain the following services: Unclassified Lotus Notes; Classified Routing and Remote Access Server (RRAS); Classified and Unclassified MS Exchange.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 23, 2012, 3:07:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segments: Technician, Engineer, Military Intelligence, Maintenance, Database, Technology, Engineering, Government, Manufacturing