Senior Systems Integration Engineer Job
Date: May 19, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, US
Join a motivated team of developers, scientists, network engineers and analysts working together to support high priority missions. Successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and quickly learn new languages, databases, and applications as necessary to address critical technical problems. Candidate must be able to conceptualize, define, and develop complex data architecture solutions for distributed, multi-level security applications with support from senior engineers/data architects. Candidate will be required to perform all aspects of systems integration in a uniquely collaborative inter-agency environment where critical missions depend on integration of applications and timely processing of large and diverse datasets. Candidate will work directly with analysts to model data for dozens of end user applications designed to support social network analysis, pattern of life analysis, geospatial analysis, and more.
The DX Enclave (DXE) Program is a Community-of-Common-Concerns program which provides a Common Analyst Platform, based on the DoDIIS Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)/Web-Oriented Architecture (WOA) framework, to enhance analysis and targeting efforts. The program is instituted at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in the DX Fusion Cell (DIA/DXI-3c) whose primary goal is to locate any individual, anywhere in the world, at any time. The program is multi-year funded with a recent new contract award.
- Experience in database programming with one or more databases to include MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience with back-end/server side systems such as LAMP, Tomcat, Sharepoint.
- Experience with integration of diverse web based and client/server applications.
- Experience with Linux and Windows using tools such as powershell and bash.
Ba Bachelors or Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, or related and 8+ years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Systems Engineering and Analysis, particularly requirements analysis, interface definition, and detailed implementation planning.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of Solr, Elastic Search, OpenNLP and other tools for working with large amounts of unstructured data.
- Knowledge of UIMA , GATE, or similar architectures.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and related big data technologies.
- Insights and support to several innovative approaches and applications on our R&D network, but not critical.
- Able to provide minor system administration functions, as needed. Training to be provided, but most subsystems remotely managed.
- Self-directed, self-starter; able to complete tasks with little or no supervision.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
Location: Anacostia, Quantico, or (Reston in June 2013)
Percent Travel: Inter-agency coordination meeting in the National Capital Region (~10%)
Clearance: An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2013, 2:30:13 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Other Locations: United States-VA-RESTON, United States-VA-QUANTICO
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Engineer, Developer, Database, Oracle, Electrical, Engineering, Technology