International Affairs Policy Analyst Job
Date: Apr 27, 2013
Location: Offutt Afb, NE, US
SAIC’s Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit is seeking an International Affairs Policy Analyst to provide support for STRATCOM for their location at OFFUTT AFB in Omaha, Nebraska.
This position supports USSTRATCOM J9 Alternative Futures Division with collection, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and dissemination of information on USSTRATCOM’s UCP assigned missions. Work includes:
- The use of assessment results to identify and recommend additional studies, analysis, trending and/or modeling and simulation projects.
- Investigate, evaluate, and integrate assessment data gained from the Joint Functional Component Commands (JFCC), Joint Task Forces (JTF), and Centers.
- Participate and/or assist in forming, leading, and managing communities of interest (COI) across various US Government, private sector, and academic agencies to focus, characterize, and complete assigned duties.
- Develop, plan and execute surveys and participate in problem solving discussions with senior leaders and other subject matter experts in order to provide a perspective or analytical basis for decision making.
- Provide insight and understanding to determine country specific and regional motivations, intentions, capabilities, effects, and state-of-the-art technical advances affecting USSTRATCOM’s UCP assigned missions.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other relevant field of studies and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret/SBI Clearance.
- Experience working with a government agency or departments such as the State Department and experience in the study of relationships between countries, including the roles of states, inter-governmental organizations (IGOs), international nongovernmental organizations (INGOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and multinational corporations (MNCs). Demonstrated experience involving a diverse range of issues including but not limited to: globalization, state sovereignty, international security, ecological sustainability, nuclear proliferation, nationalism, economic development, global finance, terrorism, organized crime, human security, foreign interventionism and human rights.
- Ability to determine which of various alternative policies will most achieve a given set of goals in light of the relations between the policies and the goals.
- Ability to systematically study the nature, causes, and effects of alternative public policies, with particular emphasis on determining the policies that will achieve given goals. Examine the conflicts and conflict resolution that arise from the making of policies in civil society, the private sector, or more commonly, in the public sector (e.g. government).
- Ability to conduct policy studies that focuses on global governance, especially as it relates to issues that transcend national borders such as climate change, terrorism, nuclear proliferation, and economic development.
- Ability to think broadly and strike a balance between traditional and nontraditional thinking.
- Sees the interrelationships between domain of expertise and other domains.
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument.
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds.-
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Note: Wounded Warriors Encouraged To Apply
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2012, 4:46:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segments: Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Military Intelligence, Nuclear, Sustainability, Engineering, Government, Energy