Nuclear Cyber Security Specialist Job
Date: Apr 24, 2013
Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US
Nuclear Cyber Security Specialist
SAIC, Energy Environment & Infrastructure, LLC offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a qualified Nuclear Cyber Security Specialist who will be able to readily adapt to varied client environments, with responsibilities ranging from broad network security program development to deployment and implementation of broad ranging technical security controls. Must be strong in pre-sales and have a solid network of contacts available in the network security space.
It is expected that our Security specialist will be willing to travel between 25 and 50%.
- Consult with customers on security requirements in the areas of nuclear cyber security under 10 CFR 73.53 and NEI 08-09
- Contribute to the development of energy industry focused security solution sets.
- Assess, synthesize, and document customer business requirements.
- Perform analysis of customer and industry specific compliance requirements and gap analysis of customer systems and procedures.
- Develop approaches for industry specific threat analyses, application specific penetration tests and generation of reports on vulnerabilities.
- Development of detailed remediation reports and recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industry verticals based on changing threats.
- Previous consulting or regulatory experience is required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in security /industrial networks arena; 10 years of total related experience.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53 standards, NERC-CIP standards, AGA, NRC and other Industry and Regulatory Compliance Requirements.
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document and perform assessments
- Experience in documentation to clearly articulate technical designs, procedures, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
- The candidate must have excellent technical, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills as well as the ability to visualize/execute projects are essential.
- CISSP certification, CISA and/or CISM certification would be plus Experience working in a Nuclear Power plant environment is explicitly required.
Experience with 10 CFR 73.54 and NEI 08-09 compliance based programs is explicitly required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2013, 12:07:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-CA-SACRAMENTO, United States-NH-PORTSMOUTH, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-MI-BATTLE CREEK, United States-NE-LINCOLN, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-PA-PHILADELPHIA, United States-IL-CHICAGO, United States-AR-LITTLE ROCK, United States-FL-MIAMI, United States-NY-WEST POINT, United States-TX-DALLAS, United States-DC-WASHINGTON, United States-CA-LOS ANGELES, United States-TN-NASHVILLE, United States-CA-LONG BEACH, United States-LA-NEW ORLEANS, United States-KS, United States-MI-JACKSON, United States-MN-ST. PAUL, United States-CA-SAN DIEGO, United States-TX-HOUSTON
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
Job Segments: Security, Nuclear, Engineer, Consulting, Cyber Security, Energy, Engineering, Technology