Senior Level Java Software Developer Job
Date: May 18, 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO, US
SAIC has career openings for a Senior Level Java Developer to support a program in the Kansas City, MO area.
• The Senior Level Java Developer will be responsible for providing full lifecycle Java Development utilizing Java SE/ EE technologies, JDBC, Hibernate, JPA, JMS, JTA.
• Perform Object Oriented development based on concepts and fundamental understanding of design patterns.
• The Senior Level Java Developer will serve as a mentor supporting legacy WebSphere applications while the team is going through a WebSphere to JBoss migration.
• Responsible for Web Application Framework development using Play! Framework, Struts, and Spring MVC.
• Provide Web Development support utilizing HTML, JQuery and CSS.
• Serve as a mentor and provide support and insight regarding Maven conversions.
• This role will be working in a SCRUM AGILE development environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related experience in Java SE/ EE Development. Additional experience, certifications or training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Object Oriented Development experience, fundamental understanding and working knowledge of Design Patterns, Model-View-Controller and remaining patterns.
• Experience working with modular, component based systems.
• Prior experience working in a SCRUM and AGILE driven software development environment.
• Prior experience writing unit tests.
• Proven success with organizational, time management, and team management skills.
• Solid understanding of Inversion of Control Container and Dependency Injection, Service Locator patterns.
• Proven experience with Java related technology stack including JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, JMS, and JTA.
• Experience with Java Web Application Frameworks Play! Framework 1.2.x (Nice to have), Struts and Spring MVC.
• Proven experience using open source frameworks when developing software.
• Web Development experience with HTML, JQuery and CSS.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Familiarity with Database Design and Development utilizing ANSI 92 SQL and T-SQL.
• Experience with Play! Framework 1.2.x.
• Oracle SCJP 5, 6, 7 or similar certification.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2013, 1:21:49 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, Java, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering