Senior Environmental Air Quality Specialist Job
Date: May 30, 2013
Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction if approved by SAIC board of directors. SAIC is pursuing a plan to separate into two independently traded companies; one that provides technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services primarily to the U.S. government (new SAIC), and one that delivers technical solutions in national security, engineering and health (Leidos, Inc).
SAIC, future Leidos, has a Senior Environmental Air Quality Specialist job available in Harrisburg, PA.
SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, LLC (SAIC) is looking for someone to join their family of employees as a Senior Environmental Air Quality Specialist. This is an opportunity to work with our air staff, within the scope of environmental regulatory air compliance, environmental permitting, and air dispersion modeling. The candidate should have advanced writing/technical skills and be willing to work and travel to various client sites and other SAIC offices. Location is negotiable between Harrisburg, Pa, Towanda, Pa, or Wheeling, West Virginia Job duties will entail items such as the following:
- Reviewing state and federal air quality regulations to make recommendations on specific air related projects.
- Prepare emission estimates based on site specific information using the approved state and federal calculation methodologies.
- Prepare air permit applications and registrations for various state agencies
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration applications and review
- Prepare air dispersion modeling analyses
- Prepare annual emissions inventories
- Prepare reports for the Mandatory Reporting Rule for Greenhouse Gases
- B.S. in civil, chemical or environmental engineering, environmental science (or related technical degree)
- 7+ years of experience (preferable in oil and gas) in air quality consulting or as an air group manger
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Knowledgeable use of MS Word and Excel Desire Skills:
- AutoCAD or GIS experience a plus
- Air Dispersion Modeling experience Familiar with oil and gas operations
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2012, 7:24:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-PA-HARRISBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Nearest Secondary Market: Harrisburg
Job Segments: Air Quality, Quality, Engineer, Geology, Consulting, Engineering, Technology