Java Developer, Junior (O&M) Job
Date: May 4, 2013
Location: Alexandria, VA, US
SAIC has a job opening for a Junior Java Developer to support an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in Northern Virginia. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree with at least one (1) year of technical experience maintaining complex applications in diverse technical environments.
The candidate will be part of a software engineering team responsible for supporting the operations and performing adaptive, corrective and enhancements on DHS systems. He/she will perform various system development lifecycle tasks, including analyzing, developing, and unit testing fixes for defects and/or system enhancement requests. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required. The candidate must able to work in a structured environment, following DHS and CBP Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) defined processes and procedures. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable him or her to communicate effectively at all levels.
Must be a U.S. Citizen. DHS/CBP Background Investigation is a plus. Candidates without DHS/CBP BI must be clearable.
• Possession of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
• In addition to education requirements, a minimum of one (1) year of technical development experience with a focus on providing O&M support in a diverse technical environment with high level of transactions.
• Experience completing development activities utilizing a combination of the following technologies: WebSphere Java/J2EE, EJBs, JSPs, AJAX, XML, Apache Maven, JUnit, MQ Series, EDI, and AIX.
• Experience working with one or more of the following databases technologies: DB2 / SQLJ / JDBC; IBM Data Server/ Driver for JDBC and SQLJ; and pureXML, SQL/XML and XQuery (including JDBC standard SQLXML data types).
• Strong organizational skills, communication/presentation skills, technical writing skills and attention to detail.
• This position is subject to successful completion of a DHS CBP Background Investigation (BI).
• Experience completing O&M development work using an Agile methodology is a plus.
• Technical certifications in the above technologies are desirable.
• Already successfully completed a DHS or CBP Background Investigation (BI).
• Prior experience working within the DHS or CBP environment is desirable.
The work will be completed on customer site located in Alexandria, VA and Springfield, VA.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 25, 2013, 1:39:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Alexandria
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Developer, Java, Engineer, XML, Database, Technology, Engineering